- Image size incorrect.
- JPEG image of a specific size appear 2 to 3 times bigger on the report.
- When inserting images in a datbabase in JPEG format, and reporting off the database in Crystal Reports, the pictures are not always of the expected size.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In an image application, set the picture of a specific size. ( Example: 2 inch by 3 inch )
- Save all the images in JPEG format to a database.
- In Crystal Reports designer, create a report off the database, and insert the database field that contain the image on the report.
- When viewing the report, it displays most of the image of the expected size, but some images appear 2 to 3 times the size of the original image.
- Crystal Reports converts all images to bitmap, and depending of various factors, it is possible the image size be different than the one set in other picture file format, like JPG, PNG,...
- To ensure the image size in Crystal Reports, is equal to the size defined, convert the image to bitmap format (BMP) in an image application, then save the image in bitmap format in the database. This way, no conversion will be performed in Crystal Reports designer, and the image size will be retained.
CR, image size , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016