LinkedIn Integration with People Profile
You can now display information from LinkedIn directly within an employee's People Profile. As an administrator, you can add an embedded LinkedIn widget to the People Profile. Users who are logged into LinkedIn in their browser can then view LinkedIn profile data for the employee whose profile they are viewing, directly within the People Profile. Users who are not logged in to LinkedIn are given a link to do so.
Once the widget is enabled, and the integration between LinkedIn and Profile is completed, the Widget will search in LinkedIn for people working for the company used in the integration (more details on the resolution section), and compare First and Last name. In case there are several people with the same profile name, the viewer will have the option to select the right one.
The information displayed on the widget will vary based on the user privacy settings in LinkedIn. For example, if my LinkedIn profile is set to display only a few fields to people that are not on my contact list, the same will apply to the widget.
Image/Data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems,sample data or demo systems.Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
People Profile uses API tokens to identify your company to LinkedIn and find the correct LinkedIn profile.
Currently, generating these tokens requires some manual work on our part. We plan to automate this process in the future. In the meantime, it may take some time to provide the required tokens.
Setting up the LinkedIn block on People Profile is a two-step process. First, you need to contact SuccessFactors, providing your company LinkedIn Profile URL in order to receive a pair of unique API tokens for your company, which you will need during configuration. Then, you will use the provided tokens to set up the block in the People Profile configuration tool.
Part A Procedure to get the API tokens
- Create a Support ticket stating that you want to "LinkedIn Widget Integration in People Profile", providing the instances in which you want it enabled, as well as the LinkedIn page URL of your company. Have in mind that this is the page that will be integrated, and people who inform on their own LinkedIn Profiles that they are working for that company will display in the integration.
- Wait for your ticket to be resolved. (SAP Support team please follow internal KBA)
- Take note of the LinkedIn API Token and LinkedIn Encrypted Company Token that are provided to you in the ticket.
Part B Once you have the tokens, do the below procedure:
- Go to Admin Center Configure People Profile and drag the LinkedIn Block into the desired location.
- In the Edit Block panel, enter the LinkedIn API Token and LinkedIn Encrypted Company Token that we have provided to you.
- Save your changes to People Profile configuration.
- Go to Admin Center Manage Permission Roles and select the role to which you want to grant permission to view the LinkedIn block.
- Go to User Permissions General User Permission and select the Permission to View LinkedIn Block checkbox.
- Save your changes to system permissions.
- The LinkedIn block is now visible on the People Profile for users with the appropriate permission.
There is no option for an employee to disable the Linkedin Widget from his profile to not be displayed. It´s necessary to remove the RBP permission of the employee(s).
SuccessFactors; Employee Profile Portlet; Linkedin Widget; People Scope; People Profile; Client ID; Domain; encrypted ID; API key; API token; RBP permission; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EP-LIN , LinkedIn , Problem