LinkedIn Integration with People Profile
You can now display information from LinkedIn directly within an employee's People Profile.
As an administrator, you can add an embedded LinkedIn widget to the People Profile. Users who are logged into LinkedIn in their browser can then view LinkedIn profile data for the employee whose profile they are viewing, directly within the People Profile. Users who are not logged in to LinkedIn are given a link to do so.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
People Profile uses API tokens to identify your company to LinkedIn and find the correct LinkedIn profile.
Currently, generating these tokens requires some manual work on our part. We plan to automate this process in the future. In the meantime, it may take some time to provide the required tokens.
Setting up the LinkedIn block on People Profile is a two-step process. First, you need to contact SuccessFactors, providing your company LinkedIn Profile URL in order to receive a pair of unique API tokens for your company, which you will need during configuration. Then, you will use the provided tokens to set up the block in the People Profile configuration tool.
Procedure to get the API tokens
- Create a Support ticket stating that you want to "LinkedIn Widget Integration in People Profile", providing the instances in which you want it enabled, as well as the LinkedIn page URL of your company.
- Wait for your ticket to be resolved.
- Take note of the LinkedIn API Token and LinkedIn Encrypted Company Token that are provided to you in the ticket.
Once you have the tokens, do the below procedure:
- Go to Admin Center Configure People Profile and drag the LinkedIn Block into the desired location.
- In the Edit Block panel, enter the LinkedIn API Token and LinkedIn Encrypted Company Token that we have provided to you.
- Save your changes to People Profile configuration.
- Go to Admin Center Manage Permission Roles and select the role to which you want to grant permission to view the LinkedIn block.
- Go to User Permissions General User Permission and select the Permission to View LinkedIn Block checkbox.
- Save your changes to system permissions.
- The LinkedIn block is now visible on the People Profile for users with the appropriate permission.
LinkeIn - People Scope - People profile - API token - LinkeIn Profile - LinkedIn Widget , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem