You are trying to understand how the Progress field on an Opportunity works / how the Timing of Sales Cycles/ Sales Phases is set.
You can set the timing in your Business configuration:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open the relevant Implementation Project.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Search and open Sales Cycles and Phases.
- Go to Maintain Sales Cycles.
- When you select a maintained Sales Cycle you can edit the columns Show after X days, Stalled after X days and Chance of Success for maintained Sales Phases if added to the SAles cycle previously, as required by your business need in the Assign Phases tab.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To