You want to close the Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing in the Closing Cockpit. All the relevant activities are finished but the Status of the Closing is still in status: In Process.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger Work Centre.
- Go to the Closing Cockpit sub-view in Closing Cockpit view.
- Select the company ABC (ABC is the ID of the company)-YYYY/0PP (YYYY stand for the year and 0PP stands for the period).
- Click on the Open Period - End Close arrow icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- In Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing for YYYY, 0PP, ABC, all relevant activities are completed.
You can see that all the activities have the status Finished and sign off status as Accepted, but the status of Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing is still In Process.
The Status of Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing should be changed to Finished whenever you mark the last activity of the closing as Finished. Unfortunately in this case, the status of Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing was not updated.
As a workaround, the issue can be solved by selecting an activity and changing the status to In Process and thereafter change it back to Finished.
However this can only be done by the responsible User. For other users, all the options are greyed out.
You need to ask the responsible User to perform the steps below to mark the Period-End closing as Finished:
- Open the Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing: YYYY, 0PP, ABC.
- Select any one of the Activities and click on the Set Status to In Process.
- Save the Changes.
- Select the same activity again and reset the status to Finished.
- Save the changes again.
Now the Period/Quarter/Year-End Closing: YYYY, 0PP, ABC has the status Finished.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To