Reference description in the customer invoice is missing when using floow-up to an invoice for a credit memo
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Show All Invoice Documents and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the invoice document).
- Edit the invoice document and select the View All button.
- Go to the item tab.
- In the field reference the field reference is filled
- Go top the function follow-up and create a credit memo
- In the credit memo go to the tab items
- Here the field reference is not filled
The reference description on the item of the customer invoice comes from the description on the general tab of the customer invoice request. However when creating a follow up credit memo, we do not fill the description field in the Credit memo Invoice request.
The reason for this is that we cannot correct determine which item reference description do we use. If the invoice was a invoice that was created from merging of two or more invoice request where the customer had maintain different description on the invoice request.
The system couldn't determine which description the customer would want on the credit memo invoice request, as this would differ from customer to customer, use case from use case
This is the expected system behaviour.
As workaround when the credit memo invoice request is created, you can go to view all and then fill in the description in the general tab. This will fill in the reference description in the corresponding credit memo.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To