A new Position is expected to be created and assigned to the employee during the Hiring process.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Add New Employee wizard and Hire a new employee to an existing mass Position.
2. Modify any Job Information field (for example, Cost Center or any field that is included in the JobInfo to Position sync)
3. Submit the Hire
Expected Result: New position should be created and assigned to the Job Information of the changed employee.
Actual Result: New record was added to existing position used. No new position was created and assigned to the employee.
The posssible reasons for this behavior are:
1. Position does not have an existing assignment to any incumbent when it was used during the Add New Employee process. (For this you would be using a dummy Position)
2. "Search for Position in Position Reclassification" is set to Yes. This allows Position Reclassification to take place and check for any existing available Positions instead of creating a new one.
The following configuration can be followed to achieve the automatic creation of new Position during the Hire process:
1. The Event Reason used should be configured with Follow-Up Activity to Position set to "Position Reclassification".
2. The dummy Position used during the hire process should have an existing incumbent assigned to it (assigned via Job Info).
3. In the Admin Center > Position Management Settings > , "Search for Position in Position Reclassification" must be set to "No".
4. Position record is active and is a Mass Position.
5. Data modified in Job Info is included in the rule mapping of Job Info to Position sync from Position Management Settings (the field values must differ between the Job Info and the Position in order to trigger the Reclassification process).
See Position Management Handbook for more information about Job Info to Position Sync: https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_EMPLOYEE_CENTRAL/PRODUCTION/en-US
Position Management; Job2Pos sync , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To