Unable to assign Employee Responsible of Opportunity.
You may expect to add an extra Employee Responsible via Sales Team Facet fo a given Opportunity.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Work Center.
- Go to Opportunities Work Center View
- Open Opportunity XYZ where XYZ is one of the Opportunities.
- Go to Invoved Parties and/or Sales Team Facet.
- Click on Add New.
- You see there is no role as Employee Responsible.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Implementation Projects Work Center View.
- Go to "Open Activity List".
- Go to "Opportunities" and then go to "Involved Parties".
- You would that the "Employee Responsible" is checked.
- As there can be only one employee responsible per opportunity, this is maintained in the 'Owner' field of the Opportunity.
- This value is displayed in the Sales Team facet automatically once the Owner field is populated but it is not available in the role code drop down when new parties are added, as a second Employee Responsible cannot be added.
- When you add the Owner which reflects as Employee Responsible in Sales Team, similarly it is not to be expected that a Role "Employee Responsibile" also populates in the Sales Team.
- When you use the "Add" functionality in the Sale Team View which will fill the Owner field , his behavior is as per design of the product--- vice versa of the statement 1 and 2.
This is not supported at the moment as per product design. This shall be covered in the future road map of the product enhancement.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To