Your requirement is to modify the existing Accounts or existing Contacts in the system. While modifying, you observe that the Check for Duplicates button is missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customers work center
- Go to Accounts view/ Contacts view
- Show All
- Open any existing Account/ Contact
- Not able to see Check for Duplicates button
The Check for Duplicates button in the Accounts or Contacts TI is only available for users having the workcenter Data Cleansing ->Customer Merge view Assigned.
You have to scope the question "Do you want to enable accounts merge?" as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Select Edit Project Scope button
- Go to Questions section
- Expand General Business Data
- Business Partners
- Handling of Business Partners
- Scope the question Do you want to enable accounts merge?
- Complete the scoping by selecting Confirm and Finish
Data Cleansing workcenter will now be available in your system.
Further, assign the Data Cleansing workcenter view Customer Merge to your Business User by following the below steps:
- Go to Applications and User Management work center
- Go to User and Access Management view
- Go to Business Users subview
- Show All Business Users and find the respective user
- Select Edit->Access rights
- Go to the tab Work Center and View Assignment
- Select the work center/ view name: Data Cleansing
- Assign the Work Center/ View Name: Customer Merge
- Select Save
After the above settings, the User should be able to go ahead.
Note that the User needs to logout the system, and login again so that the changes take place.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To