When using the rating scale and the "rating labels" for ratings that are a number, the excel opens the rating values as date format instead of numerical:
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a rating scale in References> System Admin> Rating scales>add new link;
- In the rating labels field for respective ratings, enter numbers and apply changes;
- Go to a Learning > Questionnaire survey > Search for an item evaluation survey > in the 'Questions' tab, add a question with rating scale that we created;
- Create Item and associated the survey with it;
- Login as user and complete the survey, let's say that you select the value as 2;
- Now, as admin, generate one of the Item Evaluation reports (Item Evaluation, Item Evaluation by Individual Response or Item Evaluation by Instructor) for the item;
- Check the Answer section it showing as 2- Feb even though the value in rating scale only has 2.
Issue is with the CSV report of 'Item Evaluation By Individual Response' only and the HTML and PDF report show correct data. It occurs when in the rating scale used, the "rating labels" for ratings are a number. The issue does not occur if the rating labels are alphanumeric strings.
The file is correctly populates in the .csv format and can be correctly seen if opened in any standard text editor. The issue happens because Microsoft Excel applies a formatting based on the content that it reads from the cells. Since the format CSV is independent of Excel, no fix will be applied since it will affect the way other editors read the file of such format.
Item Evaluation By Individual response, date format issue in Item Evaluation By Individual response, Rating Scale, Rating Scale Label as number , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , Problem