The field description is not populated for the Products when you are creating a Sales Order, and you would like to know why.
Reproducing the Issue
Create a Sales Quote with a different language than the one used for the Product description field.
- Maintain a Product with the field description in language A
- Create a Sales Quote with language B
- When you try searching for a Product, the field description will show up blank.
The system will get the field description in the same language that is set for the Sales Quote, which is by default the same as the Account, so if the languages are not the same, the system will not fill this field.
This is the expected system behavior.
In order to set this correctly you need the Sales Quote to be in the same language as the description field is maintained. To achieve that, you can choose one of the below approaches:
- Change the Sales Quote language to the same as the description field
- Maintain the field description of the Product for both languages
- Maintain the field description of the Product in the same language as the Sales Quote.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To