In the job requisition template, requisition labels such as ‘recruiter name’, ‘hiring manager name’ and ‘job level’ have been renamed and the changes have been translated into multiple languages. But when you upload the template, the label changes are not reflected in the UI.
Reproducing the Issue
1. In the Job Requisition XML template, change the 'jobLevel' field label value to 'Position' in English and 'Posizione' in Italian.
2. Upload the template in Provisioning.
3. Log into the instance - Recruiting tab - click on a job requsiition: see that the job level field says 'Job Level', not 'Position'.
The labels have been set in Provisioning with specific translations which will take priority over the label changes made in the xml template.
- As the customer will not have access to provisioning, it will be the job of the Implementation Partner or Customer Support to make the changes on their behalf.
- In Provisioning --> Manage Recruiting --> Job Requisition System Field Labels; you will find the list of labels that can be altered. Here, you can enter the new value you want for that label. Notice on the top left the language options – you should make the changes in all languages to ensure consistency across the UI.
- Remember to save once the changes are made.
Translation Label Text Replacement , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-SYS , System Performance, Usability, Errors, Security , How To