GST relevant tax codes doesn't apply for your business ( Alcohol Beverage ) but the gst tax codes are defaulting during the creation of the business transactions for example in customer invoice.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Create a New Manual Invoice from the Common Tasks.
- Add the required details in the invoice request.
- Go to the Items tab and add a product.
- Go to the Taxes subtab where you can find the flag for Automatic Tax Determination is already checked.
Based on Bill from & Bill To parties ( if both are in same state then ( 561 - Domestic Sale Intrastate (CGST & SGST) else 560 - Domestic Sale Interstate (IGST) will apply ).
For customer invoice and its tax determination, system will check Bill from & Bill To parties ( if both are in same state then CGST & SGST will apply else IGST will apply ).
For the material used in the customer invoice and if it is excisable product then, follow the below steps.
- Go to the Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Select the relevant product and select Edit button.
- Select View All button. Go to General tab.
- Enter the Tariff ID in the Material Tariff ID for India field and if you do not see this field then check your personalize settings and add this field.
The Material Tariff ID for India is for excisable products.
Excise duties other than Basic Excise Duty (BED), if applicable, for excisable products. The system, by default, applies only the Basic Excise Duty to those excisable products with the Material Tariff ID specified.
By having the material tariff id, system may help in determining the tax code: 538 - Domestic Sale Of Goods (Excise and CST) but if even this tax code is not relevant for your use case then.
For example: If you still want to use 531 - Dom. Sales - Goods (VAT)
- If there is sales order for your scenario then manually change the system determined tax code to 531 - Dom. Sales - Goods (VAT) resulting which when you are processing the customer invoice related to this sales order, the tax code would pick the same tax code automatically that you manually changed at the sales order level.
- If there is no sales order and you are creating a customer invoice which has no relevance to sales order then, you need to manually change the tax code that you require.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To