When trying to block a product from the Product Administration view, you receive the following error message:
"You are not authorized to make these changes"
Reproducing the Issue
You try to block a product by following the below steps:
- Access Products work center
- Enter Product Administration view
- Select and open any product
- Click on Actions
- Select Block
After selecting the block action, the error messages appear and you are not able to save the changes.
This issue is caused because of a specific scoping question of the business configuration.
There is an option for choosing whether a product can be accessed even though the respective sales area is blocked. What happens is that if the product to be blocked has only one Sales Organization assignment and the question is not checked, there will be no possible ways to access the product after the block action.
So, the system checks if the scoping question "Would you like to access the products even though the sales area is blocked?" is marked. If it is not, the system prevents the user from blocking products which have only one Sales organization assignment.
In order to block the desired product, there are 2 options:
- Make sure that the scoping question 'Would you like to access the products even though the sales area is blocked?' is checked in the implementation project business configuration. To do so, you can follow these steps:
- Access Business Configuration work center
- Go to the Implementation Projects view
- Select the project and click on Edit Project Scope
- Go to step 4 Questions
- Expand the node General Business Data
- Select Materials questions
- Below Product Sales Area ACL, mark the question
- If the question needs to be unchecked, you will need a super user in oder to block the product
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To