Customer is able to upload any Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm) format to the instance. However, when they download these files, those are converted to ".docx" format which they cannot open/view.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite all versions
Reproducing the Issue
NOTE: This is not specific to Recruiting Management Attachments. The steps provided below are laid out for sample purposes.
1. Login to the instance > Recruiting
2. Go to the Offer Acceptance Attachment field.
3. Click on any uploaded attachments in .docm format.
4. Open the downloaded attachment from the instance. Notice that the file format was changed from ".docm" to ".docx".
5. You will receive the following error when trying to open the file.
This is an EXPECTED BEHAVIOR. By default, all file extensions for Microsoft Word (.docx,.docm, etc) uploaded to the system are converted to .docx format when downloaded from the instance.
1. Proceed with downloading the converted file format (from .docm to .docx) in the instance.
2. Rename the extension of the file (file format) from .docx to .docm by editing the file name.
3. Open the file. This should allow the user to view it without any issues.
NOTE: For a list of all supported file formats for SAP SuccessFactors, please refer to this documentation (https://help.sap.com/viewer/7e01bd2cca40425e9d025f80e100fbcb/PRODUCTION/en-US).
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-E2E , End-to-End Troubleshooting (Multiple Topics Involved) , Problem