Your requirement is to Replicate the Employees from an External system to SAP Business ByDesign system. But the Replication fails due to error:
"Postal code NNN-NNNN must have the length X"
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Master Data Replication workcenter
- Go to Import view
- Go to Employees subview
- Show All and find Employee XYZ
- Select the entry having Replication status: Failed
- In the Log items, able to see the error
The Postal Code which is replicating from the External system is not matching the Rule maintained for the Postal Attributes in SAP Business ByDesign system.
You may check the Postal Code Length for the Countries by following the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Countries
- Select the respective Country
- Select the tab Postal Attributes
The Postal Code Check tries to follow the guidance for Postal Codes found in below link for the respective country.
For further assistance on the reported Replication error, you may contact your team which manages your External system.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To