Customer tried to configure in the UI Designer an extension fields of type "LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text" as OVS and he get the error message 'No editable Identifier available in the selected area'.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the .OIF view using the UI Designer
- Add the extension field to the view
- Go to "Extensibility Explorer"
- Click on button "Change ID-Field Configuration"
- New pop up will appear with the following error message: 'No editable Identifier available in the selected area'
This happens because the extension field was configured as type " LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text", but this type of extension field cannot be configured as OVS.
1. Remove this field from the UI first.
2. Change the field type to ID.
3. Then re-add this field to the UI via clicking 'Add Extension Field to Section Group'
4. Then configure this field as OVS via clicking 'Change ID-field Configuration' in the Extensibility Explorer
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement