- When trying to delete a field from a Job Requisition using Manage Templates I am getting a validation error saying the refid of the field I am trying to delete has not been defined. The error is 'Error - refid xxxx is not defined!'
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Templates.
- Choose a job requisition template.
- Click on 'Fields defined. Click to modify.'
- Delete the job requisition field you want to and try to publish/save the changes.
- You will get an error similar to the following: Error - refid xxxx is not defined! There is also a message saying "Changes failed. Saving as draft was not successful. Validation errors have been highlighted in red."
- The reason you are getting the error is because there are still permissions associated to that field defined. These will have to be removed BEFORE the field is deleted. If you delete the field first then you will not be able to see the permissions in order to delete them.
- You will be able to remove them from the field permissions button ('Field Permissions defined. Click to modify') shown below:
Once this is done the template will save successfully.
Manage Templates; Error refid not defined; Job Requisition; Permissions; Validation error , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem