Your requirement is to view the Results of the Day Closure Runs. Upon accessing the Results tab and selecting the entries or scrolling through the entries, the system loads for a while and throws an exception.
Unexpected error during backend processing
An error occurred. Try resuming your work. If you still face issues, open an incident
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Administration work center
- Go to Regular Tasks view
- Under the section Time Valuations, select the link Administer Day Closure Runs
- Show All Runs and select the row containing the respective Day Closure ID
- At the bottom of the screen, able to see many logs
- Open the Application Log ID: XXXXX (where XXXXX represents the Application Log ID) which ran on DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM (where DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM represents the day, month, year, hour and minutes)
- Go to Results tab
- Select Expand All
- Try to select the entries or scroll up or down
- System loads for a while and throws an exception
As Hierarchical Lists do not support any paging and all operations on a hierarchy are performed at your side, performing an Expand All operation on multiple rows recursively takes time and memory. Due to this the Internet Explorer browser takes up system resources and any further operations done on Internet Explorer shows the message sapbydesign.com is not responding and the only option is to Recover webpage.
Huge set of logs getting generated creates browser problem with Microsoft Silverlight technology.
Currently, there is no concept to implement paging for Hierarchical Lists.
As a workaround, you may use the HTML5 version of the system to view the Results of the Day Closure Runs in case all details are required to be displayed.
To make it work in this scenario, you can filter up logs to show relevant logs choosing Log Detail Level as Terminations and Errors or Terminations, Errors and Warnings to display only relevant warnings/erroneous logs.
KBA , try resuming your work , day closure run , terminations , errors and warnings , terminations and errors , hierarchical list , administer day closure run , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To