When creating a new Over-the-Counter Sales Order, External Reference field in General section is by default greyout. While it can be used in other sales documents.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Over-the-Counter Sales Work Center.
- Open New Over-the-Counter Sale.
- External Reference in General section is greyout.
- Click Adapt and Enter adaption mode.
- Edit Screen.
- Select General section.
- External Reference field is a standard field and has been marked as Visible.
- Field Properties has been set to Read Only by default.
The field External Reference is not supported in the Over-the-Counter Sale transaction.
Even the transaction is not supported in the Over-the-Counter Sale scenario, you can still make this field editable per personal use perference.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Select respective implementation project.
- Open Activity List.
- Find External Reference Number Determination for Customer Invoice.
- Add this fine-tuning activity to current project if it's not in scope.
- Open this activity,choose For Over-the-Counter Sales.
- Change Determination Method to Copied from Predecessor Reference ID.
- Save and Close.
- Back and open a new Over-the-Counter Sales, this field can be edited now.
KBA , AP-ODP-OD , Outbound Delivery , How To