You receive the following error when saving a Customer Invoice: Save not possible,document numbering rule missing for India.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select invoice request XYZ (XYZ represents ID of the invoice request).
- Choose the Invoice button then select the Save button.
the followinig error message occurs: Save not possible,document numbering rule missing for India.
You have not maintained the document numbering rule for country India with the GSTIN Number in the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview view.
- Search for the fine tuning activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select the activity and choose Change Immediately button.
- Open the Document Numbering Formats for India.
- Here you can see the parameters you have maintained for the identification of the Document Number Rule.
- Maintain a rule with following details:
- Company: the seller used in invoice request XYZ
- Tax Country: India
- Document Type: Invoice
- Sale Type: Use Bill of Sale or Tax Invoice for Intrastate and Interstate transactions or Service Invoice for Services.
- Tax Registration Number: Maintain the GSTIN Number
- Validity: Date of the invoice should fall between the validity period
Now you can create and release the invoice without any error.
Note: The explanation provided in the case document is only valid for the country India.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To