Source of Supply is missing and cannot be selected in the Production Proposal XXX.
XXX = Production Proposal ID
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Control work center.
- Choose Process Production Proposals view.
- Search for the Production Proposal XXX.
- Open the Production Process XXX.
- Click Change Source of Supply.
Notice that the Source of Supply ABC is missing and cannot be selected.
ABC = Source of Supply ID
The Source of Supply ABC has a Product Specification which you have not added to the Production Proposal. Product Specifications enable you to define and store the configuration information that characterizes such a product variant, which uses a different Production Model. Hence the Source of Supply ABC will not be shown as an option in the Production Proposal.
To check the Product Specification, you can follow the steps:
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Select Source Determination view.
- Search for the Output Product ID for the Production Proposal XXX.
Check if there is data in the Product Specification ID column.
If the Product Specification ID is not appearing, you can:
- Click Personalize button (top of the screen, right-hand side).
- Choose This Screen.
- Select the Source Determination Section.
- Check the field Product Specification ID.
- Click Save button.
This action enables the Product Specification ID on the screen.
The system is working as expected. You cannot use a Source of Supply for a Product Specification if the Production Proposal has no Product Specification.
KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To