The document number selected for a Customer Invoice is incorrect (Indian specific scenario after GST Implementation).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents work center.
- Search for the invoice created for the sales order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- The invoice created for the sales order has numbering prefix as ABC however you are expecting it to be DEF (ABC and DEF represent the previx for the respective numbering rule).
With the new taxation system (GST) in India, the following are the numbering formats
- For Intrastate (local) transactions and Interstate transactions: You can use either Bill of Sale or Tax Invoice (Please note, if you maintain both Bill of Sale and Tax Invoice in the document numbering rules, the rule which is first in table gets the priority. Suppose you have maintained Bill of Sale first and then Tax Invoice, then Bill of Sale will be choosen by the system.)
- For Services: use Service Invoice.
You can implement above suggestion in Business Configuration:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the fine tuning activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select the activity and choose Change Immediately button.
- Open the Document Numbering Formats for India.
- Create the document numbering as per the suggestion provided.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To