You are creating a new Invoice document and you want to edit the HSN field for India, although it is in Read Only / Grayed Out.
It happens for both Supplier and Customer Invoices.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing Work Center.
- Go to Invoice Entry View.
- Select a Purchase Order yet to be invoiced and click on New Invoice.
- As soon as the new screen shows up click on View All.
- Go to Items tab, add a new product and see that the HSN Field is read only / Grayed Out.
The HSN field is indeed meant to be a read only field. It is not editable.
The HSN number is maintained in the material master data and if the mentioned material has the HSN value as XXX, then for it to show in the invoice screen it must have been maintained in the material master data first.
The value will be picked up only if it is present in the master data. It is not meant to be an editable field.
For this information to show in the invoice screen, you have to maintain the HSN number in its master data.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To