You've submitted a Sales Document, e.g. Opportunity, for approval, but the approver did not receive an approval notification.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales work center;
- Go to Opportunities view;
- Open Opportunity XYZ (XYZ represents the opportunity ID);
- Press Actions -> Submit for Approval;
- There is no notification for the approver.
The approver does not have the necessary accesses to approve the opportunity.
You can check this following the steps below:
- Go to Application and User Management work center;
- Go to Task Distribution view;
- Go to Business Tasks Management subview;
- Search for Business Tasks generated for Opportunity XYZ;
- Select the Business Task generated;
- Open the Application Log ABC (ABC represents the Application Log ID);
- You see the below messages:
- Summary: 1 users failed to pass the authorisation check;
- Employees without sufficient access rights for the item;
- No employee has sufficient access rights.
You need to provide Read and Write Access to the approver for the Opportunity XYZ.
- Go to Administrator work center;
- Go to Users view;
- Go to Business Users subview;
- Select User ABC (ABC represents the approver's user's ID);
- Press Edit -> Acess Rights;
- Go to Access Restrictions tab;
- Maintain Read and Write Access to the view Opportunities.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To