You have created the template with Legacy system IDs while migrating Competitors and you receive the below error.
"Partner ID xxxxxx /*ID from legacy system*/ not in valid number range; allowed ranges are 9000000000-9999999999 and A-ZZZZZZZZZZ"
Your expectation is the system should automatically create new IDs with the correct range instead of throwing the error.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Select Implementation Projects.
- Select Open Activities list
- Search the activity Migration of Competitors
- Select Migrate Competitors using the migration tool
- Select and Execute step by step migration
The number range set in the system for business partner number range is N000000000 to NNNNNNNNNN & A to ZZZZZZZZZZ. ( N represents number 0-9)
You can check the number range under:
- Go to Business Configuration
- Select Overview view
- Search activity General Business partner
- Select Define Number Ranges for Business Partners
The Competitor ID range given in the template entered is NNNNNNN and so on which does not fall under the above mentioned number range which is defined in your Business Configuration. System will retain the same ID as given in template provided it falls under the defined number range and is not consumed. The error follows if the given ID does not fall in the defined number range.
This is expected system behavior. Enter the ID which falls under the defined number range and re-execute.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To