A Learning Online Report Designer query displays different results for two users even though the report definition and their LMS domain permission is configured so that they will see the same output. The query uses LMS custom columns.
For User 1 - can view data for the custom columns and receives the expected result
For User 2 - no data for LMS custom columns and receives an output that is not filtered and beyond permissioned domain.
- SuccessFactors Reporting and Analytics
- Online Report Designer
- Canvas Report
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Learning Administration
Reproducing the Issue
Analytics > Analytics ORD > Detailed Reporting > Live Data > Learning
- User created a query from Curriculum Item Status and added fields from User which are custom fields, e.g. Region, District, etc.
- the query has a filter on Region
- The query is added to a report distributor bundle and sent to two recipients.
Result: Recipient/User 1 - receives correct report result
Recipient/User 2 - receives an unfiltered report and no data shows or the result is blank for the custom columns (but not for other fields).
In this particular case, the two users may have different Admin roles in LMS which have different workflows configured. The cause is most likely the absence of a particular workflow or the necessary workflow is not permissioned to the role of the user who cannot see the expected results.
i.e. View User Custom Column workflow is not added for the role.
It is usually a case of missing permissions in LMS, rather than an ORD setting.
- Check the fields included in the ORD query and from which tables or Learning schema these were sourced from.
- Check if the fields in question are custom fields. Go to Admin Center > Learning Administration > System Admin > Custom Columns
- Check user roles/workflow permissions in Learning Administration.
Ensure that View User Custom Columns, or the appropriate view custom column workflow is assigned to the role.
- Go to Admin Center > Learning Administration > System Admin
- Search for the specific user. Note the Role assigned to the user.
- Go to System Admin > Security > Roles Management > select the particular role
- Go to Workflows tab and check the permissions granted. Check specifically for view custom column permissions. Note that there are several, for different tables/domains, i.e. User, Items etc.
- If the appropriate workflow is not added, modify the role configuration.
- To test, proxy in as the specific user and view the ORD query.
Result: In one case, granting the View Custom Column workflow did the trick. The ORD query will not display data for the custom columns and will allow filtering on the custom column.
Online Report Designer query result after the permission change - columns now displays data
Learning in Online Report Designer
Learning domain no data for specific fields , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-LMS-ORD , Online Report Designer , How To