You created a key figure and when you try to save it you receive an error message.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Business Analytics Workcenter
2. Go to Design Key Figure
3. Click on New
4. Enter a name, description, data source and choose between Restricted or Calculated Key Figure
6. Go to the next step and enter the formula of your key figure
7. Click on next and after loading a while you will get the following error messages:
- Formula step STEP_1 invalid
- The Key Figure Composite for Multidimensional Analytical View contains inconsistent formula
- Component contains unused formula steps
Whenever a formula is put for a key figure, it gets broken down into logical parts when it is stored in the backend. Each part is known as a step.
Eg. A + B + C will get broken down into 2 steps. Step 1: A + B and step 2: Step 1 + C.
In your case the formula is so large that it has been broken down into 15 steps. More steps cannot be put into the same formula.
It is advised that you break down this formula into smaller bits and create a key figure for each part.
Eg. A + B + C can be put in two key figures. Key Figure 1: A + B. Key Figure 2: KF1 + C.
KBA , key figure , formula , formula step , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To