I have created a time type. However, the system would still not counting weekends (Sat and Sun) as working day when we apply leave.
The field 'Calculation according to' under the time type has been changed to "Duration Display According To", because it was causing confusion with the actual leave amount deducted. If you hover over the question/hint mark beside this field you'll get more details as below:
- Select an entry here to decide how to display the number of days for an absence.
- The setting is only used for the duration display on the UI and does not affect the deduction.
- The default value is work schedule.
- The duration of absences is then displayed according to the number of working days derived from the work schedule and holiday calendar.
- If you choose the calendar days option, the duration of absences is displayed according to the number of calendar days used.
- If an absence counting method is assigned, you can choose the deduction quantity option to display the quantity that is deducted from the time account.
In the EC implementation handbook for 2017 Q2 release, there is some more explanation of the use of this field values in page 92 and 93.
Please be aware that this setting is only a UI display setting. The corresponding quantities in the days and hours fields in the Employee Time object are filled independently of this setting.
There is another field under time type called "Requesting on Non-Working Days Allowed", set it to yes to allow absences for this time type that cover only non-working days (excluding holidays).
Calculation according to Duration Display According To Requesting on Non-Working Days Allowed , KBA , time off , calculation according to , requesting on non-working days allowed , employee central , duration display according to , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Problem