- Position code is not editable via Succession Org Chart for MDF Position nomination method
- Insert permission is given to Position object in RBP and all fields except Code is editable using 'Show & Edit Position' in Succession Org Chart
SuccessFactors BIZX: Succession
: MDF Positions
Reproducing the Issue
1: Go to Manage Positions via Admin Center
2: Search for any position and Click on 'Show & Edit Position'
3: Position code can be edited, as below:
4: Go to Succession Org Chart-> search for the same position
5: Click on 'Show & Edit Position'-> position code can't be edited
The edit link on Succession Org Chart behaves like "Insert New Record" for the effectiveDated Position and if the effective start date of the position is different then the start date of that position then you won't be able to edit the position object.
- Go to Succession Org Chart
- Search for the position and check the start date of that position, it is 06/26/2017 for VP Sales position
- Click on Edit Position and make effective date same as the start date of the position, as below:
- You will be able to edit Position code via Succession Org Chart, as below:
NOTE: It is not advisable to change the position code of any position becausing doing so will create a new position object in the instance.
- Position code
- code in Succession Org Chart