When adding competencies in 360 form, the competencies showing in adding competency page is not localized.
360 Multi Rater
Reproducing the Issue
Chinese and English locale will be taken as an example to illustrate the point in this case.
1. Both CN competency and US competency are configured well for user’s role.
2. But when user check the form under CN locale, selecting ‘add competencies’, English competencies display on this page. It should show Chinese competency under CN locale.
1. With current system design, if there is no msgKey (Message Key) configured in the form template, the competency language will display based on the locale of 360 form template. We can check it in "Form Template Administration" in "Provisioning".
In this case, if the form language is English, and no msgKey configured in the form template, then English competency will display when adding competency even though the login locale is not English US.
2. But when msgKey is configured in the form template, it will load the competency in add competency page based on user's login locale.
How to have msgKey configured into form template?
1. Firstly, we need to manage Form Label Translations from Admin Tools.
Path: Admin Tools > Form Template Administration > Manage Form Label Translations.
Please refer to the following solution for detailed information on how to update your labels: 2076045 - Manage Data - Manage Form Label Translations, Importing Exporting Form Label Translations - Performance Management
2. Define msgKey in form template and save it. Following is an example of msgKey configuration.
<fm-sect-name msgKey="360-User-Info"><![CDATA[Employee Information]]></fm-sect-name>
In this case scenario, after having the msgKey configured into form template, competency in adding competency page will be localized.
Competency, localized, form language, msgKey , KBA , LOD-SF-MTR-FRM , Forms and Templates , How To