Customer may need to batch upload Quizzes and Questions in different languages.
This article describes the detailed steps about how to create Quiz with multiple locales via CSV file.
Before we start, there are a few rules that an LMS admin user needs to understand regarding Quiz Import feature.
- When creating a Quiz, user must define and can only define 1 Primary Locale. Only after the Primary Locale is defined, user can define the second or more Locales for the Quiz.
- When importing Questions to a Quiz, the Quiz ID must already exist in the system.
- When importing Questions, user must create the Questions in Primary locale first.
- The number and order of the questions and answer options must keep same in Primary locale and other locales. This is because the Questions and Answer options are recognized as the translation text of those in Primary locale. Hence they should have the same amount and same order.
Based on the above rules, users should follow the below steps to Import Quiz with Questions in multiple locales.
- Download the Quiz Import template via LMS》System Admin》Tools》Import Data > Choose “Download Template > Select “Quiz” from the pull down list > Click “Submit” and save the file
- Define the Quiz IDs and their Primary Locale in “Quiz” sheet > Save the CSV file> Upload the file via LMS》System Admin》Tools》Import Data
- Modify the CSV file, add Questions in Question sheet under the Primary Locale.
- In the meantime, you can now define a second or more other locales in the “Quiz” sheet > Save the file > Import the file again.
- Modify the CSV file, add Questions in Question sheet under the other locale(s) > Save the file and import it again.
- If you want to add True/False question, the Value of the answer should refer to the Label Value of "client.label.true" and "client.label.false". You can find the correct label value via LMS》Reference》Geography》Label》Search the above Label ID and find the value for desired locales
Please find the attached sample CSV file to help you understand the procedure.
Import Quiz Quiz Questions , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To