When you delete a Category from Activity Activities, documents that use the Category remain with the technical codes.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Activity Activities.
- Click on Assignment of Categories.
- Delete a row from Available Categories for Activity XYZ list. (XYZ represents the Available Activity Type).
- Save the settings.
- Open any document which uses the category.
Document remains with the Technical Code.
You expect the Category to be blank, since you deleted it.
As per SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Administrator Guide, navigate to section:
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales.
- Sales features.
- Maintaining categories.
If you delete category entries that are used in documents, the technical codes stay in the documents and only the code descriptions are removed.
This is the expected system behavior.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Business ByDesign Ideas Forum to submit an idea: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To