- Advance Reporting query does not return results when applying Person Context filter
- A specific user is not getting records in Realms query while applied Person Context filter
- Advance Reporting
- Person Context
Reproducing the Issue
Home > Advance Reporting > Open Realms Query > Apply Person Context > Select Distance - 2 > OK
No Records in the Realms query. This issue is happening for a single user - UserA. But all other users are able to apply Person Context filter.
"Status" field is active and reportable in User > "User Sys Info" table for UserA in advance Reporting.
Status field is fetching data in Realms Query. But still UserA is unable to apply Person Context.
Person Context filter is used to enable filtering on user's direct and Indirect reporties.
- UserA has total 8 members in his/ her ORG Chart.
- UserA has been assigned to RBP Role called - "RBP Role 1" to view data in "Status" field.
- Target Population of the "RBP Role 1" has been set to view self data.
- Target Population of this role does not include UserA's all direct and Indirect reporties.
Specifically: the user running the report must have their Target Population set, to include all the people who they should be able to see as well as the user's self data. This target population needs to include at a minimum, the User ID, the Manager, and the Status field (available in RBP under Employee Data).
- Example - Target Population of "RBP Role 1" must include 8 Direct and Indirect reporties of UserA.
To work with Person Context feature in Advance Reporting, below are the pre-requisites:
- Standard Element - "Status" field must be configured in Succession Data Model.
- Once the above field is configured in Succession Data Model, you have to grant RBP permission on that field to make the Status field Active.
- Please follow the steps to grant permission on the Status field in RBP Role -
Admin Center > Set User Permission > Manage Permission Role > Open the RBP role assigned to you > Permission > Employee Data (Under User Permission) > Status (Under Employee Profile) > Grant permission on Status field > Finished > Save Changes.
- Ensure to Set the Target Population correctly for this field and include access to view Self Data.
- It takes few hours to refresh RBP (Approx 12 Hours)
- Once the Step 1 and Step 2 is performed, revert back to us, we will perform a Metadata Reload in Advance Reporting backend to reflect the changes made in data model.
- Once you grant the RBP permission on Status field will be Active under "User Sys Info" table in Advance Reporting (Go to advance reporting > User > User Sys Info > Expand this "User Sys Info table" > status field will be active).
- Then you would be able to use Person Context feature in Advance Reporting.
Succession Data Model is an XML file available in Provisioning. (NOTE - Partner and Support team will have access to Provisioning. Customer cannot access Provisioning.)
Employee Profile Team (Component - "LOD-SF-EP") is responsible to make changes in Standard Element fields in Succession Data Model.
Here is the configuration of Status field in Succession data model in test instance - :
<standard-element id="status" required="false" matrix-filter="false">
Person Context Filter Advance Reporting no data People manager team view , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , Problem