You have checked the cash position of your company and compared with the in transit items shown in step two for the concerned bank statement. Nevertheless, you noticed that there is a differetrece between the disbursement figure in the report to the amount in the bank statement.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work cneter
- Go to Bank Statements view
- Create a new Bank Statement or open an existing one In Preparation
- Go to step 2 - Select Items
You'll see that all in transit items in the bank statement sums up a given amount.
- Go to Liquidity Management work center
- Go to Lists view
- Open the Cash Position by Transaction Source
You'll see that the collections and disbursements does not match with what is shown in the bank statement.
There are a few things that may cause a discrepancy between the cash position and what is shown in the bank:
- The bank statement in step 2 only considers In Transfer items, whereas the Cash Position also considers payment that are Ready for Transfer.
- The bank value date in the e.g. Outgoing Check is also considered in different ways by the bank statement and the Cash Position. The bank statement in step 2 will bring all the in transfer payments where the document date is less or equal the statement date. The payments fetched in step 2 are optional to select, since there can be a scenario where an outgoing check is confirmed/got cleared with bank before the bank value date, hence user should have the option to select this check while creating a bank statement. Therefore, the bank statement with statement date less than expected bank value date gets this as an optional item to select the check. Nevertheless, in Cash position report there is a condition written on Value Date. selection, i.e. an aggregation happens on all records with Expected bank value date greater than or equal to given value date.
For the first bullet point in the above section, the payment shall be set to In Transfer status in order to be fetched by the bank statement.
In the second point we have the expected system behavior, which is due to the aggregation in the Value Date selection parameter. In this case, you need to change the Value Date to be on or after the Expected Bank Value date of the payment so that its shown in the report.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To