An error ‘Feedback from others is currently not available’ is being returned by the system when trying to request for a feedback in the Performance Management v12a instance.
Performance Management v12A, Ask For Feedback
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Performance Management Inbox
2. Click on Team Overview Tab
3. Select the user you want to request feedback from.
4. Click on the Request for Feedback Button.
5. Error will appear: Feedback from others is currently not available.
User Email Notification Setting is like a permission for the recipient to get the email. If this is not enabled, the recipient will not be able to receive the mail.
Below are the 3 possible reasons why we are getting the 'Feedback from others is currently not available' error.
1. The form was launched and was configured to have feedback dates (start and end date) which is out of range with respect to today's date.
2. Asking for feedback from the same person twice on the same day.
3. The Email engine is incorrectly configured.
To check if the Email engine is configured correctly:
1. Go to Admin Center
2. Search for "Change User Email Notification"
3. Look for the user to whom you are requesting the feedback from. Please see the attached screenshot (changeEmailNotification.png).
4. If the check box is not ticked, then please tick and try again to ask feedback from the same user.
User Email Notification Setting is like a permission for the recipient to get the email. If this is not enabled, the recipient will not be able to receive the mail. In this, case we have not given the permission to send mail and we are trying to push the mail. Hence it lead to an exception.
KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FBK , Feedback: Get Feedback, Ask for Feedback, etc. , LOD-SF-PM-EML , Emails and Notifications , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , Problem