- The external job title was replaced by the Role Name from Families and Roles.
- Tried to create a job requisition through Position Org Chart, and the external job title populated automatically with 'XXX' (role name).
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Scenario 1:
- Go to Recruiting tab > Job Requisitions
- Select a job requisition > change the value of 'External Job Title' field
- Example: Change the value from 'Applications Engineer III' to 'Analyst'
- Save the job requisition and check the 'External Job Title' field
- The value went back to 'Applications Engineer III'
- Scenario 2:
- Go to Company Info > Position Org Chart;
- Select the position you want to create a job requisition;
- The job requisition will open to the fields be filled;
- The external job title will be already populated with the role name.
When the role or is selected, the system will populate the data from the Role Name, Job Description, and Competencies areas of the Families and Roles library onto the title, extTitle, listingLayout, extListingLayout and competencies field IDs on the requisition. The same happens when you're creating a job requisition from a position: they take the same information from Families and Roles.
You may change the value of the 'External Job Title' by changing the Role Name as shown below:
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Job Profile Content > Set Up Families and Roles;
- Select the Role Name of the position;
- Change the Role Name, and click 'Save Role'.
External Job Tiltle, Role Name, Job Profile Content, Families and Roles, Position Org Chart, Job Requisition. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services , Problem