How to default pay component during new hire?
For example, we have a recurring pay component "Base Salary". We want to add this pay component with value 2000 BRL and frequency MON for every new hire by default.
**All the images contained in this document are from an internal test instance. Any resemblance with real systems are purely coincidental**
Employee Central: New Hire
Employee Central: Business Rule
Employee Central: Compensation Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Add New Employee;
- Fill in all the information relevant for the Identity, Personal and Job Info session;
- When clicking in continue the Compensation info session is loaded;
- There the pay component should be defaulted;
Before you start to configure, please bear in mind that the best practice is to have this business rule as onInit, this wan when the compensation portlet is loaded during the new hire you'll be able to see the pay component defaulted.
- First you need to create a business rule with base object "Employee Information" or "Employee Information Model":
- When creating the logic for the business rule you need to define the paycomponent values using the "SET" condition, this is because onInit rules for defaulting pay components must be created using the set conditions:
- The path to set the values must be Employee Information (or Employee Information Model) > Pay Component Recurring > [field] see below:
After you define this business rule the values will then defaulted in the pay component recurring session, if you want to default some pay component non recurring, this uses the same process described below.
automatic compensation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Comp Info,Recurring & Non Recurring , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To