When you create a Material, it is possible to save a Material without Forecasting Group ID. Later when you try to delete Forecasting Group ID from Product Master Data and perform save, system throws an error message: Save Failed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data Workcenter.
- Go to Materials View and choose Materials subview.
- Find the relevant Product ID.
- Select and Edit it .
- Select View All and navigate to Planning tab.
- Find field : Forecasting Group ID under General Information.
- Select and remove it.
- Perform Save.
- System throws an above error message.
Once a forecasting group is added to a material, it cannot be deleted. You can assign any new Forecasting Group ID via value selection.
You can assign any new Forecasting Group ID via value selection to replace the old one.
This is the current system behavior.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To