You are trying to update Materials through the BC activity Migration of Materials. Even though your migration template is correct the system is throwing the error message Material ID XXXXX already exists.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and access the view Overview;
- Search for the activity Migration of Materials;
- Open the activity Migration of Materials and select the option Migrate Materials using the Migration Tool;
- Select the option Upload data from Migration Template;
- After uploading the template click on Execute Migration Step by Step;
- After reaching the step Simulation you will get an error message.
By default the Migration Tool will have the Migration Method set as Add New Records.
Change the Migration Method of the file to Enhance Already existing records by following the steps below.
- In the Migration Tool select the file which you need to change the migration method and click on Properties;
- Select the migration method Enhance already existing records.
Alternatively, Materials can be updated through the Mass Data Maintenance work center.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To