You enabled the approval for Customer Invoice and defined the approval process. However, when you release a External Customer Invoice Request, the approval process is not triggerred. The invoice is created and released directly.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Navigate to the Invoice Requests view.
- In the Show field select To Be Invoiced.
- Go to advanced search and select Invoice Type as External Customer Invoice Request
- Click on the Go button.
- Select the External Customer Invoice Request XYZ and click on Invoice and Release the invoice (XYZ is the Document ID of External Customer Invoice Request).
You expect that the approval process is triggered and the invoice goes to approval process. However, this invoice is released directly with Approval Status as Not Started.
The approval process is not relevant for externally created invoice requests. It is not possible to change the price in via the user interface in an externally created invoice requests since the fields are read only.
This the expected system behavior.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To