You are creating a Sales Order for Account XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Account) which has a default Sales Unit and Sales Organization from Company ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Company), however, the user changes the Sales Unit for one of Company GHI (GHI represents the ID of another Company) and is still able to release the Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the New Sales Order option from the Common Tasks.
- Enter Account XYZ.
- Sales Unit and Sales Organization are automatically chosen from the Employee Responsible for Company ABC.
- Now change the Sales Unit for one from Company GHI.
- You get the following warning message under the Sales Order: Financial data for seller XXX missing in master data of account XXXX.
- The Submit button is still gray out.
- Add product MNO (MNO represents the ID of the Product) and the Submit button is enable.
The Company GHI does not belong to the Financial Data under the Account XYZ to which you want to sell, however, considering that the Sales Unit for Company GHI is maintained under the product MNO added to the Sales Order, the system will not block the sale.
This the expected system behavior.
Sales Order; Release; Different Company; , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , Product Enhancement