You upload your first Chart of Accounts using the option Import From Microsoft Excel, however when you select the template, you receive the error message:
An error occurred. Try resuming your work. If you still face issues, open an incident.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Implementation Projects View.
- Select the respective project and click on Open Activity List.
- Go to Fine-Tune Tab and search for activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click on Open button.
- Select Edit chart of accounts.
- Click on Import from Microsoft Excel button.
- Click on Browse, select the file and click on Open.
- Error appears: An error occurred. Try resume your work. If you still face issues, open an incident.
This error is appearing because you are not using the correct Import Template.
Anytime that you want to upload a Chart of Accounts using the Import from Microsoft Excel option, you must download a new template, this can be done by following the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Open Implementation Projects subview.
- Select the project and click on open activity list.
- Navigate to Fine Tune and select the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click on Edit chart of accounts.
- Select Import from Microsoft Excel.
- Select Download.
Make sure that you save the download file as .XML (XML DATA)
Then add all required changes to this file.
Make sure you make all the changes in Columns E (Open Item Management) and F (G/L Account Posting Block) manually -> selecting the options from the dropdown.
Save this file again as an .XML (XML DATA).
Now, you can upload the amended file successfully.
Please note: Do not open this file again for editing before uploading, as this corrupts the data and you will not be able to upload it. You will have to do the whole process again.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To