You are trying to generate a Payment File, however the system shows the error message Only manual payment possible for format Manual Payment.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management Work Center.
- Go to Payment Monitor View.
- Search for Payment XYZ with status Ready for Transfer.
- Click on Actions > Create Payment File/Batch.
- System displays the error Only manual payment possible for format Manual Payment (payment XYZ).
System is picking the Payment Medium Format as Manual Payment and for this format it is not possible to create a Payment File.
You can check this by accessing the following path:
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Overview View.
- Search and open the activity Outgoing Bank Transfers.
- Click on Edit payment medium formats.
- Search for Payment Medium Format 75 - Manual Payment. You will see that this format has the Payment Medium Type as 1 - Paper. Therefore, it is not possible to create a Payment File for it.
In order to resolve this issue it is necessary to assign another Payment Medium Format for the respective Bank, as per following steps:
- Go to Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Go to Master Data > My Banks.
- Search and open the respective My Bank.
- Go to Payment Formats Tab.
- Add another Payment Medium Format Code in front of the Manual Payment format.
- Click on Save button.
After performing these steps, you can create a new payment and with the new Payment Medium Format Code system will allow the creation of Payment File.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To