- When a second instructor is added to the SO segment, he/she does not receive an e-mail invitation (VLE_EVENT_CREATION template or Instructor Assignment Notification e-mail)
- The second instructor has no knowledge of the start/end date of the session that he/she is supposed to be an instructor for.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a Scheduled offering by navigating to Learning/Scheduled Offering/Add New.
2. Specify VLS settings for Scheduled Offering ( VLS server and password).
3. Add primary Instructor for this Scheduled offering in part 3. Resources by selecting Instructor from drop down menu for field "Primary Instructor".
4. Once Scheduled Offering has been created, navigate to scheduled offering segment tab > double click > add Second Instructor.
5. Add Second Instructor by clicking on green plus icon as per screenshot below.
6. Second Instructor does not receive an invitation email template
- This is an expected behavior.
- The VLS offering's instructor notification is based on whose account is being used.
- As the first Instructor account is used - only that Instructor gets notified that way. It is Legacy functionality.
Second Instructor is not notified by VLE_EVENT_CREATION or Instructor Assignment but he can be informed by navigating to Scheduled Offering > Actions Menu > Notify Instructors
This is by design, to avoid an email going out for every single change made on the schedule offering segments. For example:
If you add a second instructor to 3 segments, you would get 3 emails - each one with the full list of segment calendar attachments. This is not desireable behavior.
- Invitation notification is not triggered to Second Instructor of Scheduled Offering, VLE_EVENT_CREATION is not triggered, Instructor Assignment Notification