You received an error message Distribution channel or sales organization missing while creating New Manual Customer Invoice.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- In the Common Tasks select New Manual Invoice.
- Enter the Account details.
The system displays the following error message: Distribution channel or sales organization missing.
The Sales Unit selected in the manual invoice is XYZ. (XYZ represents the organizational unit). The Organizational Unit XYZ is only activated as a Sales Unit (Sales) in the Functions tab in the Org Structures. Also the Organizational Units in the hierarchy above are also not activated as a Sales Organization. Hence the system is not able to determine a Sales Organization for the Sales Unit.
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Org Structures view.
- Search for Organizational Unit XYZ.
- Select Org Unit XYZ or any other Org Unit above.
- Click on Edit and navigate to the Functions tab.
- Enable Sales Organization and Save.
- Activate your changes.
The Sales Organization for the Sales Unit can now be determined in the New Manual Invoice.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To