- How can I create the perfect incident to avoid going back and forth with SAP Product Support and add missing information.
- How can I expedite incident / problem resolution?
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017
1. Generic Information
- What: Story, model, process and user reproduced the problem, issue or behavior?
- Time: When you experience the problem. Do you have any traces or error in the System > Monitor > Traces? Please add it to the incident.
- Credentials: This is why we have a secure area in the support portal. You can add the credentials for the user and datasources if required. More information is provided in article 1773689.
- URL used: You may have multiple tenants but we do not know the exact one you are using.
2. Contact Details
- Time Zone: If you would like to speak to an engineer who works in your same Time Zone. You should never open incidents with another person's credentials. We may try to call you when it is midnight for you.
- Phone: We cannot get in touch with you if your details are outdated. Easy to fix if you follow the article 1271545.
- Attachments have size and extension limits, verify that after the wheel has finished spinning your attachment is in fact listed.
4. Technical Information
- Describe in detail what is the behavior of the System. Describe in few sentences what is happening.
- Example: I log in using user Tom@my.com, go to menu Browse > Stories > Open Public story "Monthly Summary", open the story and select filter Month: Pick June, there is an error "abc xyz"
- You can give steps to reproduce in a similar way:
- Logon with user Tom@my.com
- Go to menu Browse > Stories
- Open "Monthly Summary" and go to the second tab
- In the chart "Monthly payments", click the second bar and filter on ...
5. Troubleshooting Already Performed
- Tested with a different user
- Tested with a different model
- Copy the story and simplified parts of it
- Knowledge base articles, blogs, questions etc that you have already used to troubleshoot your issue
- Did you know you can search for public SAP Analytics Cloud articles with the following Google or Bing search?
- Note: Add any relevant text or errors to the search query field to narrow down the number of results presented.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Enhancement requests using SAP Customer Influence (formerly known as Ideaplace)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To