- What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)?
- How can I create an optimal support incident to avoid delays and expedite / speed up incident/problem resolution with SAP Product Support?
- What type of incidents (only errors, incorrect/missing documentation, operations requests) should I send to SAP Support? See What is Support / What is Consulting!
- For missing features and functionality create an enhancement request!
- For consulting or how-to questions, please ask a question on the SAP Analytics Cloud Community!
- SAP Analytics Cloud
1. Generic information
- What: Story (paste direct URL to story), model (type: analytic, planning, live, acquired/import, underlying datasource and version), process/workflow and the user (role) that reproduced the error, problem, issue or behavior?
- Time: When you experienced the problem. Do you have any traces or errors in the System > Monitor > Traces area?
Note: Please add it to the incident in the incident text. This helps our machine learning algorithms, see AI and Machine Learning Drive Automation in Product Support!
- User credentials: Create a support user following the instructions at Get More Help and SAP Support (under the Create a Support User section).
Or you can add credentials for an existing user and other datasources in the secure area if required. More information is provided in article 1773689.
Note: Share the object such as the story, model, bookmark or connection by using the share icon, if available.
- System (URL) used: You may have multiple systems (test, production URLs) but we do not know the exact one you are using.
- Which of your systems or products is affected? Choose the correct system ID to receive the correct service level agreement (SLA):
- Product: SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD (new) / CP NEO CLOUD RUNTIME (old)
- Installation: SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD (new) / SAP CLOUD PLATFORM (old)
Note: Customers may have the new or old product installation name depending on the purchase or renewal date.
- System/Product: Choose the correct system using the description as your guide.
- Component: Choose the correct component:
- LOD-ANA-BI for all incidents for the business intelligence capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud (using an analytic model).
- LOD-ANA-BR for all incidents for the Digital Boardroom (DiBo) capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud.
- LOD-ANA-HUB for all incidents relating to SAP Analytics Hub (SAH).
- LOD-ANA-PR for all issues relating to the predictive capabilities, Smart Predict and predictive scenarios of SAP Analytics Cloud.
- LOD-ANA-PL for all issues relating to the planning capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud (using a planning model).
2. Contact details
- Time zone: If you would like to speak to an engineer who works in the same time zone. You should never open incidents with another person's s-user credentials.
- Phone: We cannot get in touch with you if your details are outdated. Easy to fix if you review article 1271545.
- Attachments have size and extension limits.
- Verify that the attachment is listed after the wheel has finished spinning.
Note: It's better to add specific text, keywords and error messages into the incident text as opposed to attaching the information into a file. This helps our machine learning algorithms, see AI and Machine Learning Drive Automation in Product Support!
4. Technical information
- Confirm: Only product errors / issues are reported to us (See 83020) and the correct incident priority is set (See 67739).
Note: If you need consulting or have a how-to question, please ask a question on the SAC forum.
- Describe in detail what is the behavior of the System. Describe in few sentences what is happening.
- Example: I log in using user email@example.com, go to menu Browse > Stories > Open Public story "Monthly Summary", open the story and select filter Month: Pick June, there is an error "abc xyz"
- You can give steps to reproduce in a similar way:
- Logon with user firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to menu Browse > Stories
- Open "Monthly Summary" and go to the second tab
- In the chart "Monthly payments", click the second bar and filter on X.
- For SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA live data connections, see SAP Note 2541557 and run the SAP BW and SAP BW/4HANA Note Analyzer tool.
5. Troubleshooting already performed
- For story related errors/issues, follow the Common Chart Errors troubleshooting steps.
- Test with a different user.
- Test with a different model.
- Copy the story and/or simplify or remove parts or sections of it. Leave only the table or chart (widget) that is causing an issue or error.
- Knowledge base articles, blogs, questions etc. that you have already used to troubleshoot:
- * Search for SAP Analytics Cloud articles using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or error messages to the search field to narrow down the number of results presented.
- Open Chrome Developer tools and review any errors in the Network and Console tabs. Add these errors messages and texts to the incident. See Open Chrome DevTools.
- See article 2280022 on how to collect an HTTP archive (HAR) file in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- See article 2452568 on how to collect Log and Trace files for the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (for import and acquired data connections).
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, troubleshooting, overview , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To