You are migrating General Ledger Account Balances and noticed that the profit center is missing for the offsetting data carryforward account.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view.
- Click on Journal Entries.
- Select the Journal Entry and click on edit.
Profit center is updated for the data carryforward account which is a offsetting account.
It is one of the Prerequisites before you migrate G/L account balances, the profit center will not be carried or automatically assigned based on some account assignment to the offsetting data carryforward accounts.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select Fine Tuning activity Profit Center Derivation.
- Select Edit Default Profit Center.
For each company, you need to specify which profit center is derived by default for journal entry line items. You specify a default profit center for each sub-ledger. The system applies the particular default profit center whenever it cannot automatically derive a profit center from data stored in the source document.
If we do not have any source then we have to maintain this setting and if the GL Account selected in the Journal Entry Voucher lines which belong to a miscellaneous ledger then select the sub-ledger as Without Sub-ledger or leave it as blank so that it applies to all.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To