The number of characters in Family/Role name are not the same in english and russian locale
- Job Profile Builder
Reproducing the Issue
1. The Family/Role name can contain max-length of 128 characters in english locale (en_US)
2. In Russian locale the Family/Role name allows only 64 characters
- The issue is not about the number of characters in different languages. It is the number of bytes taken by different character set.
- Family/Role are generic object entities and the maximum allowed value for this column is 128 bytes.
- For English characters, number of bytes used for each character is 1 so we can type up to 128 characters (i.e.fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff).
- But for Russian characters, each character is taking 2 bytes so the maximum characters that are allowed is : 128/2 = 64 (i.e. Ef (Cyrillic) : ф)
- This is a limitation of the system of not allowing more than 128 bytes as the name
Allowed number of characters in Family/Role name are not the same in all locales , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem