Adminnistrators trying to connect to the LMS database via PRD for customising reports may encounter this error ("There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: de.simplicit.vjdbc.VJdbcException: Password for user XYZ is wrong...")
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
- Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
Reproducing the Issue
- Setup VJDBC connection in Plateau Report Designer to non-production LMS
- Click "Test Connection"
- An error is thrown:
- There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: de.simplicit.vjdbc.VJdbcException: Password for user XYZ is wrong..
This error is displayed when the password entered in PRD does not match the Admin ID credentials for LMS.
In order to resolve this issue, the administrator needs to verify and correct the password used to access LMS administration with the help of her/his colleagues before trying to access the LMS database with PRD again.
The administrator's passwords can be changed in LMS Admin:
- Go to System Admin> Application Admin> Admin Management
- Search for the Admin ID
- In the Summary tab of the Admin record: the password can be reset in the fields "New Password" and "Verify Password"
- Click "Apply Changes"
- The same password needs to be used for the PRD connection after it is used to connect to LMS administration successfully
- The Related User to an Admin User cannot be used to access the VJDBC connection for the PRD
- The password used for the Admin User and Related User are separate, even if the IDs are the same
- Admin ID A1234 has a related User A1234
- User A1234 Password is updated
- Admin A1234 still has the previous password
- The Admin ID and Password is the one that should be used to connect thePRD to the database
- To check, try logging in with the Admin ID / Password to the LMS Native Admin login
- Ex: https://<YOURINSTANCE>.plateau.com/learning/admin/nativelogin.jsp
- If this works, that Admin ID should also work to connect via the PRD
SF SuccessFactors LMS Learning Management System PRD Plateau Report Designer BIRT Eclilpse Report Designer password incorrect wrong java exception connection error unable cannot can't connect VJDBC Administrator User ID , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , Plateau Report Designer , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem