In the 'New Registered Product' screen. The Registered Product description does not change when you change the Reference Product ID.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Service Entitlement
2. Select the Common task New Registered Product
3. On Registered Product View put the product ID and press enter
4. Remove the Product and maintain a new one
5. The description does not change, the system maintain the same description which belong to other product.
During first creation of a Registered Product we default it's description by copying the description from Product BO .
After the value is defaulted, the end user can choose to retain it or change it .
In case they change it we don't want to over-ride the change automatically and hence we don't do any defaulting when user does an update .
System is behaving as designed and this is not a bug.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To